Car Accident Attorney in Philadelphia
If you have been in a car wreck or truck accident, let Silver & Silver, the truck accident lawyers serving Delaware County, Montgomery County, and Philadelphia, PA, help you get the recovery you deserve!
Every year in Pennsylvania, there are more than 100,000 reportable car accidents and over 1,000 fatalities from car accidents. Acquiring the right kind and right amount of auto insurance coverage is one of the first steps in protecting yourself before an accident occurs. In the event a car accident does take place, having insurance will lessen the financial burden for all involved, as will hiring a dedicated and driven law firm with auto accident attorneys and truck accident attorneys. Silver & Silver brings over four decades of experience when it comes to pursuing a strong auto accident claim on our client’s behalf.
Delaware County, Montgomery County, and Philadelphia, PA, motorists can rely on our car crash lawyers for everything they need to know when it comes to vehicle insurance and what to do after an accident has occurred.
Types of Car Insurance
Full Tort vs. Limited Tort
Full tort insurance costs a bit more, but if you don’t have it, in most car accident claims, you will not be able to obtain compensation for your pain and suffering. Generally, the injured person’s pain and suffering is the most valuable part of an accident case. Don’t sell yourself short and give up your legal rights by choosing a limited tort insurance policy. Contact one of our accident lawyers today to learn more about full tort vs. limited tort insurance options.
Uninsured Motorist Coverage
According to the New York Times, one in three accidents that result in an injury in Philadelphia, PA, is caused by a driver who has no insurance. However, if you have uninsured motorist coverage, you are protected if an uninsured driver hurts you on the road. By paying a little more for this insurance provision, you can have the peace of mind that you will not be left without any legal remedies if an uninsured driver hurts you. The Silver & Silver auto accident lawyers can help you decide which auto policy is right for you and your family.
Under-insured Motorist Coverage
Even if you are in an accident with someone who has insurance, the policy they have may be too small to cover the damages you have suffered adequately. In Pennsylvania, the minimum legal coverage required is only $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident. If a driver with a limited car insurance policy causes an accident in which there are several injuries, there may be very little money available from the policy for each person to recover. This minimum coverage amount has been in place since 1974 and has not been adjusted for inflation. The Silver & Silver car crash lawyers can represent individuals suffering from a car accident when the other party is under-insured and get you the compensation needed
Our accident attorneys can review your auto insurance needs, including under-insured motorist coverage, to make sure you are protected. Under-insured motorist coverage offers protection that you can buy on your own policy that will cover you if you are in an accident caused by someone who does not have enough insurance. Speak to our expert accident lawyers today to learn more!
For example, if you buy $50,000 worth of under-insured motorist coverage, and are in an accident that is valued at $65,000, and caused by someone with a minimal policy, you would be able to recover $15,000 from the other driver and $50,000 from your own policy. Without under-insured motorist coverage, you could only recover up to $15,000, leaving the rest of your damages without compensation.
Whether you were involved in a simple fender bender or severe accident, the car accident attorneys at Silver & Silver will be by your side the entire time until justice is served.
Steps to Take After an Accident Has Occurred
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, here’s what you should do:
- Identify the other drivers involved (names and addresses).
- Write down the license plate numbers and a description of the other cars.
- If there are any witnesses, try to get their names and phone numbers as soon as possible.
- Report the accident to the police.
- Report the accident to your insurance company so they can open up a medical payment claim for you.
- If the other drivers involved say something, try to write it down as soon as possible, especially if they admit they did something wrong, like saying they did not see you, that they were talking on the phone, or that the accident was their fault. This information will be beneficial to the auto accident attorney that will prepare your case.
- Do not say anything to anyone that would make them believe that you caused the accident.
- If you can do so, take photos of the accident scene and the damage to the cars involved.
- If you have any visible injuries, like cuts or bruises, photograph these when you get home.
- If you think you are injured, go to the emergency room or see your family doctor as soon as possible and contact a Silver & Silver car accident lawyer soon after. While some injuries may not seem serious at first, they can still result in long term problems. It is safer to get checked out as soon as possible.
- When you see a doctor, be sure to explain how you were injured and describe everything that hurts, even if specific injuries seem more severe than others.
- Do not speak to anyone from the other driver’s insurance company about how the accident happened. Leave that part up to your auto accident lawyer. The other driver’s insurance company is not on your side and may try to get you to admit to causing the accident.
- Do not provide a recorded statement to anyone, even your own insurance company, until you have the advice of an experienced accident attorney!
- Save evidence of any expenses related to the accident, such as medical bills, over-the-counter medications, repair bills for your car, or proof that you missed work. Even if you were paid for sick or vacation days, you might be able to receive additional compensation for time missed from work. Our car accident attorneys will help you recover every penny you lost during this trying time.
- Contact an accident attorney from Silver & Silver.
Accidents Involving Trucks
Large commercial trucks are required to follow special rules on the road. Some things that may be reasonable to do in an average car may be unreasonable when done by a commercial truck driver, subjecting them to legal responsibility should an accident occur.
If you have been involved in an accident with a truck and need a truck accident lawyer or catastrophic injury attorney, Silver & Silver is here for you. If you were injured in a collision with a commercial vehicle, try to identify the company, the vehicle number, and the driver. Both the driver and the company may be legally responsible for the accident.
If you were in an auto or truck accident, contact the truck accident attorneys and car accident lawyers at Silver & Silver as soon as possible. Every case is different, and you deserve our expert advice. Let our accident attorneys help you get started with a free consultation. Please call us now to schedule a consultation with a professional accident attorney or to learn more.
In addition to our expert car and truck accident lawyers, we also serve as:
Contact us today to learn more about how we can get you the compensation you deserve!