At Silver & Silver, we take the safety of consumers very seriously. Unfortunately, many medications, products, and vehicles can pose hazardous to consumers’ health and safety. Our top personal injury attorneys in Philadelphia, PA, have compiled a list of dangerous products you should try to avoid using due to the possibility of injury or harm.
As a leading personal injury law firm, Silver & Silver is proud to represent those that need help the most. Our legal team is here to assist you if you’ve been harmed by a toxic medication, household product, or dangerous vehicle. Don’t suffer in silence — contact Silver & Silver today!
Here are some common automobile defects, household items, and medications that are known to have caused injuries and harm to many individuals. If you have been harmed by such a defective product or toxic medication, contact Silver & Silver today for a free consultation.
Vehicle Manufacturer Defects
In recent years, several automobile manufacturers have failed consumers by selling defective cars and trucks to the public. If you have been affected by any of the following defects found in popular vehicles, contact Silver & Silver.
- Ford: Defective airbags that do not offer adequate protection during accidents have been found in several of their top-selling vehicles.
- GM: Faulty ignition systems have led to the injury and death of consumers nationwide.
- Volkswagen: Faulty anti-lock braking mechanisms pose a serious threat to you or your family’s safety.
- Hyundai/Kia: Numerous issues with defective engines lead to vehicle fires, risking your personal property and health.
There are many dangers associated with everyday household products found in American homes. If you believe you or a family member have been harmed by one of the following devices or products, please contact Silver & Silver today. Our skilled attorneys will be happy to assist you in determining whether you have a viable cause of action against the manufacturer of the device or product:
- Lithium-Ion Batteries: May explode without warning, causing fires and damage to you and your property.
- Pressure cookers: May overheat and cause significant burns to users.
- Round-Up (weedkiller): Determined to contain carcinogenic chemicals that are linked to several types of cancer.
- Talcum Powder: Linked to causing ovarian cancer.
The development of medical devices to help consumers suffering from disease or illness has become a multi billion-dollar industry. However, sometimes, such medical devices can cause much more harm than good when they are not designed properly. The legal team at Silver & Silver can help if you have been harmed by one of the following defective medical devices:
- 3M Combat Arms Earplugs: Don’t adequately protect users from ear damage.
- Allergan Textured Breast Implants: Have been found to cause cancer.
- CoaguChek Test Strips: Inaccurate testing results can lead to blood clots, stroke, and heart attacks.
- Hernia Mesh/Physiomesh/Vaginal Mesh: Usage has led to numerous problems in patients.
- Diabetes Medicines and Treatment: Have been found to cause pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer in some situations.
- Metal-on-Metal Hip Implants: Can create bone fractures and lead to poisonings in some cases.
- Paragard IUD: Usage has led to multiple types of consumer injury.
- Surgical Staplers: Usage has led to internal bleeding and infections following surgery.
- JUUL/E-Cigarettes: This cigarette substitute has caused users to develop severe lung injuries in certain cases.
Several medications have been found to cause serious life-threatening injuries to consumers. If you or your loved one has experienced health issues due to medication usage, contact the legal team at Silver & Silver today. Here are some prescribed medications that can cause dangerous health repercussions. (NOTE: Before stopping ANY medication, you should seek advice from a medical professional.)
- Onglyza (Saxagliptin): A type 2 diabetes treatment that may cause an increased risk of pancreatic enlargement or pancreatic cancer.
- Uloric (Febuxostat): A gout treatment that may cause an increased risk of death.
- Xeljanz (Tofacitinib): A rheumatoid arthritis medication that may cause blood clots and lead to death.
- Zantac (Ranitidine): A previously popular heartburn medication that has been recalled by manufacturers due to its possible link to bladder, colon, kidney, rectal, stomach, and other cancers.
- Risperdal (Risperidone): Used as a mental health medication but may cause male breast enlargement.
The Silver & Silver Team is Here to Help
If you or someone you love has been adversely affected by one of the above products or medications, contact the legal professionals at Silver & Silver. We will go through your case step-by-step to determine the merits of a potential cause of action against the manufacturers of such toxic products. Silver & Silver are Philadelphia’s premier personal injury lawyers, and we are ready to take a stand for you!